Incremental Count of Resubmissions

12-04-2019 08:31 AM
ZachTaraschi1
New Contributor II

Is there a way to tally the number of edits to a particular record in a survey? or in other words... I'd like a field that indicates 1 upon initial submission. But replace the value in that field with a 2, 3 etc. when the survey is edited/resubmitted?

In Connect, I had hoped to be able to enter a field calculation based on the same field, but I get an error about dependency cycles. I've tried various other methods to tally an incremental edit count but am coming up short.

Is this info already being stored somewhere? or does anyone know of a slick calculation that can act like a counter and tally the number of edits made to a record in a survey?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Zach,

There isn't an easy way to do this via the Survey123 form.  If you are using an enterprise geodatabase, you could use the archiving to be able to create an edit trail of the features.

0 Kudos
ZachTaraschi1
New Contributor II

Thanks James.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you stored them as separate forms you would have a whole change log.  So the user makes a copy then changes then submits.  Full editor tracking on all of it then.  I do not like personally like workflows that edit data.

Then you can use Arcade or related records count to get a count.

Just an idea.

0 Kudos