Inbox shows partial repeat data

Jump to solution
06-29-2021 03:24 PM
Michael_Lowry
New Contributor II

I designed a form for botany surveys, and it includes a repeat for plant species. I've been using it without any major problems until last week.

For the surveys my crew performed last week, the number plant species visible in via the inbox is less than the total number entries submitted. All the data was successfully submitted to the cloud, which I know because I exported all of the data to an Excel spreadsheet, and it contains the correct number of species. 

Here are the number of entries visible in each survey:

• Survey 1: 117 out of 124 species
  • Survey 2: 43 out of197 species
  • Survey 3: 0 out of 98 species
  • Test 1: 0 out of 5 species
  • Test 2: 0 out of 5 species

I have two other repeats in the form, and I have not experienced this issue with them.

Every repeat field in the XLS form has "query allowUpdates=true" in the bind::esri:parameters column.

This just started happening last week. So what changed? Well, I republished the survey last Monday with some minor changes: I added some more plant species in the choices sheet, and I made one of the fields in the plant species repeat a required field.

Last week was also the first time we had two surveys performed simultaneously using a tablet we hadn't used before.

Any ideas on what could be causing this or how I might fix it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

@Michael_Lowry  I am not quite sure what could be causing this, but I wonder if the feature layer maxRecordCount count could be playing a role. Check this KB article: https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000012383  If increasing the maxRecordCount property in your repeat table does not help, a screensharing session may be the best way to diagnose the problem. Feel free to email (ichivite@esri.com) so we can arrange a call.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

@Michael_Lowry  I am not quite sure what could be causing this, but I wonder if the feature layer maxRecordCount count could be playing a role. Check this KB article: https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000012383  If increasing the maxRecordCount property in your repeat table does not help, a screensharing session may be the best way to diagnose the problem. Feel free to email (ichivite@esri.com) so we can arrange a call.

Michael_Lowry
New Contributor II

That was exactly it! I changed the maxRecordCount from 1,000 to 10,000, and now all the repeat entries are visible in the Inbox. We often record over 100 plant species in a single survey, so it's no surprise that we have already exceeded 1,000. Thank you for the help!

0 Kudos
DuncanKinnear
New Contributor III

Thanks Michael and Ismael - you have just fixed a massive headache for me!! I have a form (which is itself a table of a parent feature layer) with a repeat and the repeat records were being retrieved on some forms but not others - I couldn't work out why. The maxRecordCount of the repeat records was already high enough, but I updated the maxRecordCount of the middle assessment table and that fixed it! Thanks so much. I think the inbox was reading them in by assessment date - now I look at it, the older assessments were working but then it must have hit the maxRecordCount at some point and newer ones didn't work (although the assessment details did still come through, which is strange).

Cheers

Duncan

0 Kudos