In Survey 123 Connect is there a way to format the number values as currency? I can concatenate the $ in front of the numbers, but not sure how to get the commas in.

Jump to solution
12-18-2018 07:55 AM
CecilioMartinez
New Contributor II

Looking for a solution in Survey 123 Connect.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StephenM
Occasional Contributor II

I don't think there's a built-in way to do this. This is discussed in this thread:

How to format display of calculated result in Survey123

I have done this using a combination of string-length(), concat(), and substr(), however. I broke the number into sub-strings based on its length using "if" statements, and concatenated commas between the sub-strings. It's not clean, but it has worked for me.

Due to the hard-coding of sub-strings, this doesn't work with negative numbers (though it could if you made some modifications).

An example:

typenamelabelconstraintcalculationbind::esri:fieldTypebind::type
integernumNumber.>=0
calculatenum_lenLength of numberstring-length(${num})nullint
calculatenum_w_commasNumber with commasif(${num_len}=4, concat(substr(${num},0,1),",",substr(${num},1,4)), if(${num_len}=5, concat(substr(${num},0,2),",",substr(${num},2,5)), if(${num_len}=6, concat(substr(${num},0,3),",",substr(${num},3,6)), if(${num_len}=7, concat(substr(${num},0,1),",",substr(${num},1,4),",",substr(${num},4,7)), if(${num_len}=8, concat(substr(${num},0,2),",",substr(${num},2,5),",",substr(${num},5,8)), if(${num_len}=9, concat(substr(${num},0,3),",",substr(${num},3,6),",",substr(${num},6,9)),${num}))))))nullstring
textformatted_numberFormatted numberconcat("$",${num_w_commas})

Attached are a few examples of integer inputs and the formatted text calculated.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
StephenM
Occasional Contributor II

I don't think there's a built-in way to do this. This is discussed in this thread:

How to format display of calculated result in Survey123

I have done this using a combination of string-length(), concat(), and substr(), however. I broke the number into sub-strings based on its length using "if" statements, and concatenated commas between the sub-strings. It's not clean, but it has worked for me.

Due to the hard-coding of sub-strings, this doesn't work with negative numbers (though it could if you made some modifications).

An example:

typenamelabelconstraintcalculationbind::esri:fieldTypebind::type
integernumNumber.>=0
calculatenum_lenLength of numberstring-length(${num})nullint
calculatenum_w_commasNumber with commasif(${num_len}=4, concat(substr(${num},0,1),",",substr(${num},1,4)), if(${num_len}=5, concat(substr(${num},0,2),",",substr(${num},2,5)), if(${num_len}=6, concat(substr(${num},0,3),",",substr(${num},3,6)), if(${num_len}=7, concat(substr(${num},0,1),",",substr(${num},1,4),",",substr(${num},4,7)), if(${num_len}=8, concat(substr(${num},0,2),",",substr(${num},2,5),",",substr(${num},5,8)), if(${num_len}=9, concat(substr(${num},0,3),",",substr(${num},3,6),",",substr(${num},6,9)),${num}))))))nullstring
textformatted_numberFormatted numberconcat("$",${num_w_commas})

Attached are a few examples of integer inputs and the formatted text calculated.