Select to view content in your preferred language

Impossible to submit Survey124 on Firefox

02-26-2018 06:22 AM
Environnement_1Lausanne
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

We have sent a Survey123 URL and when users try to submit, some of them get an error ("failure to send"), as shown on the attached file.

From where could the problem come from ? The users are using Firefox.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

Do the error details specify any additional information?

0 Kudos
Environnement_1Lausanne
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

The error details are the following : "undefined". Do you know from where this error could be coming ? Just for information, it might be possible that several persons submit a Survey123 at the same time but I hope this is not the problem.

Also in the Survey123 results, we see jumps in the ObjectID numbers. For example, ObjectID jumping from 12 to 18. How are these ObjectID incremented ? Is it when a formular is submitted ? Why are some ObjectID missing ? Do you have the information saved for these missing ObjectID ?

Could you give me some insight on the error bug today ? The client is pretty unhappy.

Thank you very much in advance,

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

The problem should not be simultaneous submission.  Can you share the link to the survey (or the XLS file so that we can build a duplicate survey)?  Without access to the survey it is extremely difficult to debug.  Something that would also help would be to use developer tools to see what is happening at a network request level.

ObjectIDs will increment when a submission is attempted.  The jump in submission indicates that submission was attempted, but failed at some point (which appears to be the case with the error you are experiencing.

0 Kudos
JevaughnHenry
New Contributor III

I have been getting the same error,  when trying to submit survey responses for a survey which I created using Survey123 Connect James Tedrick

Survey link: https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/7c278a1eaedc47ce8950bc4895c64f85 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Jevaughn,

I see that you manually included the GUID field in the survey- is that deliberate?  Are you passing the guid via parameters?

0 Kudos
JevaughnHenry
New Contributor III

I manually included the GUID for use in linking the data collected from the surveys to some future work, possibly in Operations Dashboard. Could it be the GUID field which is causing the problem?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

How is the GUID being filled in?  Normally this is a hidden or calculate field as GlobalIDs aren't particulary user-friendly.  If you are concerned that a globalid will be created, then you don't need to include it in the form- this happens automatically in the database upon submission.

0 Kudos
JevaughnHenry
New Contributor III

Noted, I guess I can remove that field.

0 Kudos