Importing FieldMaps data to Survey123 report

01-12-2022 04:50 PM
KylieRyan
New Contributor

I am working on a weed inspection workflow and general property inspection information (eg owner details, property address etc) are captured in Survey123, and the individual weed points / lines / polygons are capture in FieldMaps.

I am wondering if there is any way to import data captured in FieldMaps into the report generated via template in Survey123?

If so, can someone please provide the details on how this can be achieved?

Many thanks!

Kylie

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Kylie!

I would recommend looking into custom URL's: https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000017982

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
KylieRyan
New Contributor

Hi Katherine!

Thank you for your prompt response! I probbaly should have included a little more detail though...

I have used a custom URL in the popup of the property feature layer to carry some property details over to the survey fields via a link that opens survey123 app, and I also have a callback to send back to FieldMaps - where weeds are then recorded via the point/line/polygon layers with smartforms incorporated to capture the attributes of each weed.

I can generate a report on the property inspection details from Survey123 - but am wondering if there is a way to incorporate the data captured in FieldMaps into the same as well? 

Hope this makes sense?

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Is it possible to collect the weed data first and then use a custom URL with that feature? Otherwise, I'm not completely sure how you'd pull in information from multiple feature layers like that....sorry I can't be more help!

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Idea: Create a survey on top of an existing feature layer and then use that survey to create the reports.

1. In Survey123 Connect, use the create survey from feature service option
  2. Publish
  3. Go to the Survey123 website and create a report template for your survey