Select to view content in your preferred language

Importing excel spreadsheet to Survey123

Jump to solution
04-05-2024 03:13 AM
NkatekoMARIMA
Emerging Contributor

Good day

I have an Excel spreadsheet with information on training needs for officials in my Organization. I want to convert the information into Survey123 form. I managed to convert the information into a survey, but the questions are empty (the survey only have questions and no information).

Please assist on how I can get the information into the survey form, and be able to analyze and produce reports.

Regards

Nkateko

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @NkatekoMARIMA

You will need to append your existing data to your ArcGIS feature service that was created when you published your survey. 

You can append data directly from the item details page of the feature service, or by using the append geoprocessing tool in ArcGIS Pro. 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @NkatekoMARIMA

You will need to append your existing data to your ArcGIS feature service that was created when you published your survey. 

You can append data directly from the item details page of the feature service, or by using the append geoprocessing tool in ArcGIS Pro. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
NkatekoMARIMA
Emerging Contributor

Hello Zach

The data does not have location. I created a Hosted Table in ArcGIS Online. When I try to create a survey in ArcGIS connect, I got an error when publishing "the survey sheet is either empty or missing important column headers".

In short, there was no feature service that was created. 

Regards

Nkateko

0 Kudos
NkatekoMARIMA
Emerging Contributor

Hello Zach

I got it right after creating the survey from the Web. I created a shapefile for the data and zip it. I then appended the data to the Hosted Feature Service on ArcGIS Online.

Thank you 

Nkateko

0 Kudos