Image multiline not editable (add/delete) on Edit/Resend survey

09-24-2020 03:39 PM
DirkVandervoort
Occasional Contributor II

Survey123 v. 3.10.323

We have a workflow where an inspector will need to edit and resend a survey. There are times when an inspector will want to add an additional photo to the survey. In the spreadsheet, the image is given an appearance of multiline and given bind::esri:parameters of allowUpdates=true allowAdds=true, thereby enabling edits (in theory – see https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/prepareforediting.htm).

However, when the inspector opens an existing survey from the Sent box, the multiline image is not enabled. The screenshot shows no edit tools (add/remove). The 3-dot menu only allows the photo to me moved:

Is there a setting where I can override this default behavior? Or is this just how Survey123 works.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dirk,

Currently Survey123 is not supported to edit the attachement yet and there is a similar existing enhancement request for this:

ENH-000110614 Add the ability to allow additional attachments to be added when attempting to edit and resend surveys in the Survey123 Field App

I encourage you to contact Esri Support. Our Support team will assign an official enhancement number for your records. Similar requests from other customers can then be attached to the same enhancement request, which helps us assess demand for the enhancement and prioritize it accordingly.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Older thread but just going to mention that you can now add additional attachments to surveys when editing them from the Inbox, however you can't edit/delete existing images, which is still a pain point.

0 Kudos