Image Field Giving "Required" Error Message When Photo is Attached

12-09-2019 08:44 AM
BeckyN
by
New Contributor

Why is my image field giving the "This field is required" error message (which is preventing me from submitting the survey), even though I have attached a photo? 

The issue is occurring for the field on row 79 of the attached spreadsheet. 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Becky

0 Kudos
14 Replies
BeckyN
by
New Contributor

Is there a way I can privately send you (maybe over email) the .csv file?

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, please email me the csv file. In the meantime, could you also confirm the following information?

Are you using the portal or enterprise site to publish the survey?

Did you encounter the issue with any browsers or only a specific browser?

0 Kudos
BeckyN
by
New Contributor

I'm getting a not found error when I click your "email" link. 

I am using the Survey123 Connect for Desktop software to publish the survey. Please let me know if I misunderstood the question. 

I am encountering the issue on Chrome, and we don't use Internet Explorer for it because we always encounter a "long running script" error that makes it impossible to fill out the survey. I have not tested other browsers besides those 2. 

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Becky,

Sorry for the email link. Here is the email you can use: sjeng@esri.com

0 Kudos
JodyZhengLiu
Esri Contributor

Thanks Shwu-jing Jeng‌ for the investigation.

Becky N‌ Thank you for the information. The root cause is the required validation of image question in web form can't work correctly when it's inside repeat AND there are pulldata calculations in the form. Could you please contact Esri Support to log a bug for this? Our Support team will assign an official bug number for your records. This number can be used to search for and subscribe to the bug on the Esri Support site. If the issue is reported by other customers it will be attached to the same bug report, which helps us assess the impact of the issue and prioritize it accordingly.

For a temporary work-around, you could add a new image repeat and upload image and note in the second repeat and then delete the first repeat section. 

Thank you,

Jody Zheng Liu

0 Kudos