Select to view content in your preferred language

I’ve just started playing around with survey123 by making various surveys with the web designer. Yet, whenever I try opening the surveys within Survey123 Connect I get versions of the following errors every time: The XLSForm spreadsheet has been modified

01-03-2018 08:01 AM
TCornwell
New Contributor

I’ve just started playing around with survey123 by making various surveys with the web designer. Yet, whenever I try opening the surveys within Survey123 Connect I get versions of the following errors every time:

The XLSForm spreadsheet has been modified. Do you want to refresh the survey?

XLSForm with warnings:  [row : 2] Question has no label: {u'type'; u'note', u'name': u'generated_note_surveyDescription', u'hint'; u'test 1'}

The errors start an endless loop and render Connect useless until I close the program.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled Connect and created very simple surveys with the Web designer (just one simple question) but the errors still occur. 

Thanks,

-Todd

using Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS 2.5.44 for Windows 10

2 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Todd,

So, are you able to download your survey using Survey123 Connect?  If so, can you click on the hamburger menu in the bottom right corner of the survey thumbnail and select 'Show folder'?  

hamburger menu

If possible, please zip this folder and upload it in a comment to this thread.  This will help to investigate potential causes of the errors.

Thank you,

Brandon

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I solved this issue by clicking the "files" button in survey 123 to find the location of the survey files, backing up those files, then deleting that folder from my local computer.

Then, I re-downloaded/synced the survey from survey123 online. Note that I had not yet edited the xls form - had only worked with the survey in the wizard online.

This solved the problem for me.

0 Kudos