I need to make a conditioned choice filter in my Survey

07-03-2020 07:57 AM
JhoanUrquia
New Contributor II

Dear all,

Im trying to do a filter for one of my questions but based in a condition and previous answer.

I have one question about the type of incident that happened, and based in the answer, i need to show some cascading options as "select_multiple" question.

The problem is that i have already data in the survey so, i need to use the existing options

If you look at the "choices" sheet, the first question is "list_tipo_de_evento" (What kind of incident is reported?) so, if the response is "ajuste_de_cuenta" the options might be only "bandas_criminales" and "Colectivos", if the answer is "enfrentamiento_armado" i need the three options available, if is "resistencia_a_la_autoridad" i need only "fuerza_publica", and so on.

I do not really sure how to do it with a condicionned formula, so if any one can help me would be great!

Thankful in advance

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jhoan,

Currently it is not possible to use the choice filter on select_multiple questions. A feature enhancement currently exists for this issue, so I will add your case to the issue. One approach that people have taken as a workaround to this would be to create a select_multiple question for each possible response from the tipo de evento question and then apply a relevant based on the response to the tipo de evento question.

Thank you,
-Barbara

0 Kudos