I cannot see (on my mobile device) the image background I uploaded onto my new survey in the Apperances tab when I created the survey?

11-28-2018 12:32 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

What might be the reason I cannot see (on my mobile device) the image background I uploaded onto my new survey in the Apperances tab when I created the survey? I can see it on my desktop where I constructed it originally, and although all of the other nuances to this survey, like background colors, text etc. show up on my phone as they do on my desktop, the background images which I have at about a 7% opacity do not show on the field app side on my iphone.???  I am creating a new survey for the Rodent Control division at DC Health and wanted a faint repeating image of rats in the background of the survey, which, on the administrative side on my desktop is there....however, once the survey is loaded onto the mobile devices, iphones at the moment, in different versions, all is there with the exception of the gray rats in the background.  When I uploaded the url of the image and then changed the opacity to 7% just so there was a sort of "wallpaper" of rats in background, it works fine on the desktop, even when I look at the previews before publishing, it shows it on the iphone preview image on the desktop and works perfectly.....but they are not there on the actual mobile app side of the survey once uploaded to the device??

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Trey,

Are you seeing the behavior when you upload an image URL for the Content or the Webpage (or maybe both)? Is the image publicly available? And is it reproducible with tablets as well? You've already mentioned different versions of the Survey123 mobile app; what's the latest one you can reproduce at?

Depending on the answers above, this may be something Esri Support Services should know about. Are you able to log a case with them?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Lauren…

Thanks for getting back to me. I am using Survey123 for ArcGIS online and not Survey123 connect. Attached is a shapshot of what the image looks like in the form I have already created and what it looks like when I preview on my desktop. The image is available to the public and had no problem uploading the url to the appearances tab when I changed the look and appearance of this form. Attached are a couple of snapshots from when I was building the form. Maybe you can see something I do not. I thought at first it had something to do with opacity but now I do not believe that to be the case. Perhaps I do need to reach out to Esri about this. I know several people not only at the headquarters but also here in DC at the Office of the Chief Technology Officer.

Regards,

Trey Cahill

Trey Cahill

Program Evaluator | GIS Location Intelligence Analyst | Arbovirus Surveillance

Health Regulation & Licensing Administration | Animal Services Program

899 North Capitol Street NE | 2nd Floor | Washington, D.C. 20002

Office: (202) 442-4932 | Mobile: (305) 726-7409 | Fax: (202) 442-4817

dchealth.dc.gov<http://dchealth.dc.gov/>

Tracy.cahill@dc.gov

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Trey,

When viewing on the iPhones are you using the web page version or the mobile app?  

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi James...

Thanks for getting back to me.  I figured out the problem and it has been resolved.  The problem had to do with the actual image I was uploading from the Web.  I tried several different things, then tried using various other images and finally I uploaded an image which worked.  I did notice however, although I can change the opacity in the appearance tab when creating the survey form making the image faint, like a background wallpaper to the content, it does change it when you log into the survey on the mobile app side.  It loads the background image with the original color, saturation, etc.  So, I suppose the answer to that would be that if I want a light colored image to be shown in the background on the mobile application, I need to find an image which is already light enough as a background so as not to obstruct the view of the narrative and content of the survey questions themselves.

Thanks again...

Trey Cahill

DC | HEALTH

0 Kudos