I cannot see new fields with a specific user in survey123.arcgis.com

04-04-2019 01:27 PM
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

Hello, 

I create a survey and I use a surver123.arcgis.com to ganerate a report. If i access with the admin user I am able to see the fields correctly and the report shows the fields. (

Added fields in the survey shown in yellow)

but if i use a second user named CRADIC when I select a record to generate a report I do not see the fields

But when we go to ArcGIS Online ans see the feature layer, the same user can see the fields with no problem 

But I notice that we have two feature layers, one called stakeholder and that layer do not have the fields. 

so my question is, why one user can generate a report correctly and the other user do not? the user has privileges to generate reports and use the survey.

Thanks,

diego Llamas

James Tedrick

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Diego,

When you share a survey for viewing using the Collaborate tab, Survey123 creates the 'stakeholder' feature layer view - this is a read-only access point to the survey data.  From your description, I would guess that you modified the form after you shared the survey for viewing - the additional fields did not get added to the view.  You can add the fields manually; see Set hosted feature layer view definition—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS .

0 Kudos
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

Thanks James,

So, do you think if we add those field to the stakeholder we are going to be able to see the fields if we use other user instead of admin user? because that is basically the problem we are facing. if we access survey123.arcgis.com with a second user (publisher) we do not see the new fields and when we generate a report we do not see those fields using this second user, but if we use admin user we can see those fields with no problem. Admin user create, publish and share the form/feature layer. The second user has privileges to use the survey, actually can use it and is working fine, the problem is that if that same user want to create a report, we can do it but those new fields do not appear (but if I access with admin user, this user can see the all the fields.

Regards,

dLL

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Diego,

Yes, if the fields are added to the _stakeholder view, they will be visible for the users who have access to the results.

0 Kudos