I am using the "Report (Beta)" feature to generate a report using a report template. However, the map image generated by ${geometry} is a map inset that is zoomed out to the scale of the entire planet… Is there a way to generate a more useful map with a m

04-12-2018 03:10 PM
SaraBrookeBenjamin
New Contributor

I am using the "Report (Beta)" feature to generate a report using a report template. However, the map image generated by ${geometry} is a map inset that is zoomed out to the scale of the entire planet (see page 2 of attached file)… Is there a way to generate a more useful map with a more local, zoomed-in scaling? Maybe 1:10,000 or 1:5,000?

0 Kudos
18 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Just to make certain, the line for the map reads:

${location|mapSettings:”8bf7167d20924cbf8e25e7b11c7c502c”:150000}

This works on a sample template for a test survey.

0 Kudos
SaraBrookeBenjamin
New Contributor

Yes (see screenshot from my custom template, below). And I get the error shown previously. 

As a reminder, I was NOT having this problem a few weeks ago using ${geometry} alone, just as long as I specified my preferred scale within the map settings.

You mentioned that the website would be updated this week? Perhaps best to just wait for that update since these other options are not working?? A phone call might be easier?

Thanks for your assistance.

0 Kudos
SaraBrookeBenjamin
New Contributor

And do you know what changed? Why it was working, and now is not?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Based on your report of the problem, the issue was identified (literally a small change to the API's code got dropped); this will be fixed in an update planned for this evening (I was simply trying to provide a quick fix in the interim- I hadn't expected it to have this much of an issue).

0 Kudos
SaraBrookeBenjamin
New Contributor

That's great news! I appreciate your time and effort in trying to find an interim work-around. I will check on function again tomorrow.  

0 Kudos
SaraBrookeBenjamin
New Contributor

Hmmm... does not seem to be working yet?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Can you try to refresh the browser cache (holding down the Shift key while reloading the page normally will work)- I had the same initial experience.

0 Kudos
SaraBrookeBenjamin
New Contributor

Got it! Yay! It's working again. Thank you, James.

0 Kudos
StuartMoore
Occasional Contributor III

what is the scale, is it like 1:150000 or is it something else?

thanks

Stu

0 Kudos