I am using a ArcGIS solution that uses Survey123. After updating the choices tab in the XLSform I tried to pulish the survey. The green circle keeps spinnng for hours and will not publish the survey. Any ideas?

04-30-2018 10:53 AM
EricBitner
New Contributor

I am using a ArcGIS solution that uses Survey123.  After updating the choices tab in the XLSform I tried to pulish the survey.  The green circle keeps spinnng for hours and will not publish the survey.  Any ideas?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Eric,

The hanging indicates an error that is not being successfully caught.  Can you provide a few more details about your survey:

- Was this survey originally published using Survey123 Connect or the website?

- To confirm, the only changes made were to update the choices?

0 Kudos
EricBitner
New Contributor

James,

I downloaded the Invasive pear survey solution off the ESRI webpage. I used the deployment tool in ArcGIS pro. Then I used Survey123 connect to open the XLS form to make needed changes. I only made hanged in the choices tab. When saved in XLS forms it updates and works in Survey 123 connect. When I go to publish it is when I have the hanging error.

Thanks for helping out.

Eric

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Eric,

I can see the issue you are having- it's due to a slight difference in a property stored in one of the auxiliary settings.  This can be worked around by: 

1) Open the folder of the survey (click on the folder icon in Survey123 Connect)

2) Move Survey123 Connect go to the gallery view (so it's not previewing the survey)

3) Open up the .iteminfo file in notepad or another text editor

4) Look for the 'ownerFolder' setting; it should read null.  Change that to "" (note no spaces or other characters inside) and save. 

5) Open the Survey in Survey123 and publish.