How to use repeat count =1 with Inbox?

05-28-2021 08:36 AM
Strahanjen
Occasional Contributor II

I have a feature layer containing points for biological monitoring sites. My survey is split into multiple pages for each type of data collected during the visit, with each page being a separate repeat. I need each page to have a repeat_count of 1. If I use inbox, the repeat cannot be opened (see screenshot #1). If I use collect, the repeat_count of 1 works as intended (see screenshot #2). 

Can anyone tell me how I can have a repeat count of 1 but still use Inbox? I'm hesitant to use the trick where people use Field Maps to click a link to open a new survey with data prepopulated, as the user will need to view more than 40 different attributes from the site in the survey. 

Screenshot (295).png

Screenshot (294).png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Bit confused.  Why would you have a repeat with a repeat_count of 1?  Just use fields if you want one set?  A repeat is for multiple observations.  No reason for a repeat if you just want 1 record.

0 Kudos
Strahanjen

I thought that if I needed a fish survey for a site to go into a separate table related to the main site feature layer, that I needed to use a repeat for that? I'd like one fish visit survey filled out for each site. Within the fish visit page, there is another repeat the allows for multiple fish entries. 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes if you want it in a separate table then you need a repeat.  Not sure what you mean about multiple later however.  Can you post the form?

0 Kudos
Strahanjen

Thanks for taking a look. I attached a sample of my form. Essentially, we're trying to replace the packet of paper forms that crews used to fill out at a biological monitoring site with a Survey123 version. There are about 10 forms total that are related to each site visit. I have set up the survey so that a separate table is created for each of the paper forms.  Users at the site might use different devices to submit different components of the survey. Thus, the first page allows one to select which survey pages to include.  Maybe my design can be improved? 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Oh yea I would not do one big form.

I do this with 9-13 forms at a site.  This is a more advanced workflow but once you set it up it is slick.

See my post here  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/mapping-with-survey123-within-a-polygon-or-...

Launch From Collctor tablet.gif

good luck

0 Kudos