How to specify default geopoint base map in Survey123 Connect?

10-03-2019 07:11 AM
DanielSzekeres
New Contributor

Using Survey123 Connect.

Added a geopoint question.

In main Survey123 Connect interface selected map options and then specified default coordinates and map background (Streets Map).

When survey gets published and opened in a browser, the base map is the TOPO map.  

Trying to figure how to default to the Streets Map.

Any insights would be appreciated.

43 Replies
luckachi
Occasional Contributor III

I am experiencing a similar issue with Connect 3.11.123 -  I go into the map section of the form and set the default to World imagery. Preview shows the correct basemap, I republish the form and when I go to view the embedded version on our website, the basemap displayed is topo? 

123map.png123map_2.png123map_3.png

0 Kudos
KateCarlson
Occasional Contributor

Hello, Any resolve on this issue?  I am still having issues with the default basemap in version 3.12. I have set the streets map as default but the imagery is what displays on the form. 

Thanks-
Kate

FeiLi2
by
New Contributor

Still having this issue on Survey123 Connect 3.13. When I open the web app from a browser where my ArcGIS account is signed in, I see the base map I chose. Any other browser or if I'm not signed in, it's the TOPO map and all my respondents are of course seeing that too as they either don't have an ArcGIS account or weren't signed in (why would they just for opening a survey)? This is so frustrating.

0 Kudos
FeiLi2
by
New Contributor

I have found this thread to be helpful: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/map-extent-survey123/td-p/1032799

After setting the base map explicitly to open street map in ArcGIS Survey123 Connect (I forgot if I did this when creating the survey, but as it is the default of Survey123 I might have not) it is displaying correctly on all my browsers now.

0 Kudos