How to set multiple constraints and appearance to a field?

Jump to solution
04-22-2021 03:10 PM
JulietK
Occasional Contributor II

Hi, I would like to set constraints to a field to use csv pulldata AND prevent lowercase entry ( regex(., '[A-Z]$') ), but unsure how to do so. I tried putting an 'AND' between the two formulas but it returned an error. Any idea how I can set more than one constraint to a field?

I understand I could use inputmask to prevent lowercase entries, but inputmasks only work on field apps and not in the browser survey pages..

Secondly, I am looking to arrange some select_one questions into grid style so that they are side by side rather than on top of each other, which makes the survey form longer and takes up unnecessary space. The select_one questions need to be autocomplete, so I have the appearance set to autocomplete. But to arrange these into grids I need to enter 'w2' into the appearance column for the same fields as well...which also returns an error when I try 'AND' in between 'autocomplete' and 'w2'.  How do I set multiple appearance types to a field?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

it is just w2 autocomplete.  So just a space not a and.

Your other question if you are pulling the data why are they also typing in?  Just pull it into a note.  I am not sure I get that you are asking.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

it is just w2 autocomplete.  So just a space not a and.

Your other question if you are pulling the data why are they also typing in?  Just pull it into a note.  I am not sure I get that you are asking.

0 Kudos
JulietK

Hi Doug, thanks for your response! I couldn't find any documents on being able to use just a space for multiple appearance. 

Re: the text with pulldata question - pulldata is being used alongside a constraint formula for the text field, to get the field to return an error if a value matching in the external csv is typed in. But I am needing to constrain the field to uppercase values only, for obvious reasons.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

To force uppercase I think you want input mask not a constraint.  

See here  https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/esricustomcolumns.htm 

0 Kudos
JulietK

Hi Doug, thank you for that. Unfortunately as far as I know inputmasks are not supported in the web form, so I've been forced to use regex in the constraint..

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Just saw input masks are coming to the web in the next version.

Input masks provide a set format for data entry by using characters and symbols. When you apply an input mask to a question, all responses must follow the specific pattern defined by the input mask. Input masks have been available since the early days in Connect and completed in the field app. In 3.13, input masks will also function in web apps.

JulietK

Ooh that's exciting to hear, thank you for the information and I'll really be looking forward to 3.13!

0 Kudos