How to remove old surveys for download without deleting survey?

03-08-2019 12:49 PM
JasonBone2
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have created many surveys and over time many surveys are removed from collaboration with all groups, but when the users connected to the group log into Survey Field App they still see old surveys and they can download them. Is there another way to remove the survey for download without deleting them? Not sure I understand the logic that the survey is still available when you can't use it. 

Thanks!

Jason

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. Once a survey is downloaded into the Survey123 field app, it will remain (and be visible) in the device until it is manually removed by the end user.  Un-sharing or removing the survey from the server, will not have an impact in already downloaded surveys.

JasonBone2
New Contributor II

Thank you for your reply. I decided to test deleting an old survey from the server to see what would happen. The survey was available on a phone for download before I deleted the survey and after I deleted the survey I refreshed the list of downloadable surveys and the survey disappeared from the list.  So I guess in that case that survey was not downloaded and used, but was on the list for available download, correct? 

0 Kudos