How to reintroduce previous tables from deleted feature services?

11-16-2016 05:38 PM
OscarSepulveda_III
Occasional Contributor

When I publish new versions of my Survey123 form a new feature service is developed.  How can I merge the previous tables from the old feature service with the new feature service in bulk?  ArcGIS Pro has the merge tool but develops a new feature layer as well.

My issue was publishing redeveloped forms from Survey123 Connect and not having the end users update the survey before utilizing.  I ended up with multiple feature layers that did not correlate with my web map showing within collector.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Oscar, 

Have you tried copying the old features into the new feature service using Copy and paste using the clipboard—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop ?

When I'm editing existing surveys to add new questions, I add the new fields (questions) to the ArcGIS Online feature service first through a web map (How To: Add a field to an ArcGIS Online hosted feature service) (Make sure the field name matches the new question name in Excel) and then when I edit the survey and publish it, I don't get the error that the existing data service is not compatible with my survey and I don't have to merge feature services afterwards.

I'm not sure how well this would work if you're using more complex Survey123 elements like Repeats.

Carmel

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Append tool with a Field Mapping would give a lot of control over this also.