How to redirect survey data when Survey Feature Service Changed

12-14-2018 11:55 AM
MaazaMekuria
Occasional Contributor

I have a feature service that was replaced by another and the previously stored survey data that pointed to the old feature service is sitting in Survey123 for ArcGIS.  I would like to resubmit the survey using from the updated form. Yet it is reporting that the survey feature does not exist or could not be updated.  I am able to load it into the new form, but it seems it does have the old feature Id embedded in.  How can I save these valid previously submitted survey data to save it in the new feature service?  I tried to use save as favorites and paste it, but the geopoints don't come through since they have repeats.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mazza,

Please see additional troubleshooting documentation here: Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Have you tried to update the submission_url in your survey via Connect, re-publish, down the updated survey on the device, and then re-submit?

Phil.

0 Kudos
MaazaMekuria
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Philip for the pointer. I don't see a submission URL since the Connect created the Feature Service . It is blank, which means the URL when it was created is being used and no idea where exactly the variable is hidden.  I see several files in the survey directory and it may even be embedded in the XLS document as a hidden data.  maybe someone from ESRI will point me to the right place to perform an unorthodox but useful feature of changing the feature service in the XLS document once existing data is imported into the survey app. 

0 Kudos