How to prevent duplicate inspections?

12-29-2016 07:09 AM
CarlHolt1
Occasional Contributor III

How are others dealing with issues arising with users keeping track of what features have been inspected using Survey123? Tasks are not assigned, users sign up for inspections.

Background: users have transitioned from a spreadsheet, where they initialed they have done the inspection, so others would not duplicate the inspection. How that we have transitioned from that spreadsheet to Survery123 via Collector app, we want to prevent this from happening. The basic idea is that the feature layer from the form is displayed on the Collector app, so users can see if there is form feature present, but we are concerned that may not be enough. Workforce may be the ultimate end point for assigning and keeping track, but I wanted to get this communities advice first.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
GlenGardner1
New Contributor III

You can look into changing the symbology of the point in collector if the inspection has been completed.

0 Kudos
CarlHolt1
Occasional Contributor III

How would I integrate the form-based survey being completed in Survey123 back to the point of origin in Collector?

0 Kudos
GlenGardner1
New Contributor III

I would try to add the survey 123 feature to the collector web map so it would draw over the top of the other points once submitted.