How to prevent auto population of empty date fields with value 01.01.1970 in Survey123?

07-19-2017 01:12 AM
AdministratorAGOL_ODIMM
New Contributor III

Hi, 

Some of date fields are not completed when we collect data for the first time. When we open to update collected data from inbox, date fields which have not been completed appare with 01.01.1970 . This creates inconvenience and time consuming to select correct time.

So, how to prevent auto population of empty date fields with value 01.01.1970 in #Survey123?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Igor,

Sorry for the delay in reply. Just to understand your workflow, are you trying to edit surveys from the Inbox from an existing feature service, and were the existing surveys (features) created in Survey123 previously, or did they already exist in the feature service? Do you only see this behavior when editing existing surveys, versus collecting new surveys to the same feature service?

Would you mind sharing your xls form to take a closer look?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
MarkSlaten1
New Contributor III

Hi Phil,

I am having the same issue as Igor. To answer your questions:

This problem occurs when I attempt to edit an existing feature from the Survey123 Inbox.  When the feature/survey is intially captured, there is no issues with date fields.  The problem occurs when there is an attempt to edit an existing survey.

I will send the xls form to you.

Thanks!

Mark

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Igor/Mark,

Just an update to let you know the issue with submitting empty (null) date fields via editing a survey with the Inbox has been resolved and a fix will be available in the next release of Survey123, version 2.4.

Regards,

Phil.

AdministratorAGOL_ODIMM
New Contributor III

Hi Philip, sorry for this delayed feedback. Mark Thanks  for your intervention, you are right about the issue. I'm glad the problem will be solved.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-XenGTCuuDnDD
New Contributor II

Just curious if this bug was resolved?  I am getting this behavior on a survey that uses an Inbox.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Michael,

As indicated above, this issue was resolved with 2.4.  I did a brief test and am seeing that a date submitted as empty is loading as empty from the inbox.  Does the date field in the database allow for null values?

0 Kudos
deleted-user-XenGTCuuDnDD
New Contributor II

Hi James,

Thank you for the reply.  The date field is set to allow for null values.

I've tested this more and it appears to be isolated to my field team as I cannot recreate this issue.  We both have the same device, an iPad Mini 4, but theirs is about a year and a half newer than mine.  When I submit records, the date field stays null, but all the records they submit get populated with 1/1/1970 date.

As a next step, I'll ask them to update their version of the Survey123 app just in case something is off there.

0 Kudos