How to prepopulate a geopoint location in S123 from an existing feature in Collector?

Jump to solution
02-28-2020 12:33 PM
KacyBeck2
New Contributor II

I have a map with a layer that contains points for security lights that need to be inspected.

I also have a Survey 123 form that the field personnel will use to fill out for each inspection location.

I have already set up a Custom URL in the popup configuration for the existing security light features to prepopulate most of the Survey 123 questions with attribute information from the security lights existing information.

What I'm having trouble with is finding a way, if there is, to prepopulate the geopoint question in the Survey 123 form with the location data from the point that the Custom URL is clicked on to start the survey.

Is there a simple way to do this with a custom URL?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
JessicaJThompson
Occasional Contributor II

Hello @Tiff,

I have solved the issue...maybe. It depends on your workflow. I now manage around 25 surveys with a variety of workflows, so depending on your goal I might be able to help you. 

0 Kudos
Tiff
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @JessicaJThompson thanks so much for your quick response! So we have a layer that we are crowdsourcing information about where new features need to be added, or current features need to be updated or changed. We want the survey to extract the location from the existing layer automatically into the new layer, with user ability to then move the location as they need. The reason for this is to mitigate any issues where users may forget to share their location (resulting in a point in the middle of nowhere).

I know this is doable with X/Y coordinate attributes but was wondering if it could just pull the geopoint location dynamically without having those fields.

0 Kudos