How to make format of date and time to be not change from english to arabic format

03-14-2019 01:18 AM
RawandDizayee
New Contributor III

Dear Esri Team,

First of all i really appreciate your rapid responses of the questions.

I wanna to make format of date and time to be not change from English to Arabic format when they are using smart phones with Arabic based or when they switch language from English to Arabic,  we don't wanna Arabic data's in our database, to be more clear we add Arabic language in the forms for field operators just for understanding meaning of label texts fields because most of them they don't have good skill in English language. is there any expression that make date and time to be English however their mobile is Arabic based ??

Please check the attached below.

thank you again

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Rawand,

We are basing the numeral formatting based on the locale profile; the profile for an arabic language (see, for example, cldr-numbers-modern/numbers.json at master · unicode-cldr/cldr-numbers-modern · GitHub ) specifies an arab numeral system.  

In terms of ensuring a consistent answer, I might suggest using a datetime question to store the full time. 

0 Kudos
RawandDizayee
New Contributor III

Dear James,

The issue is my ID for forms taken from date and time, when i use datetime question as you mentioned i will get date and time in english but 

for ID it shows in arabic numaric , please take a look at the attached pictures. thank you  

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Rawand,

Yes, I understand the issue.  The information we receive from the internationalization settings of the phone instruct the application to use an Arab numeral system (as opposed to the 'Arabic' numerals used in English).

0 Kudos