How to get the complete path of the media (photo taken or loaded in the survey)

Jump to solution
05-13-2022 05:49 AM
SGerland_EsriFrance
New Contributor

Hi,

We search to get the complete path of photos taken by Survey123 (or loaded in the image question in Survey123), in a iOs and in a Android context.

The aim is to be able to put this complete path in a pulldata (@javascript, … ) function to work with the photo in a third application and get the result in a number/text question.

We manage to get the name of this image, but is there a way to get the entire path ?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @SGerland_EsriFrance

Survey123 places attachments in C:\Users\username\ArcGIS\My Survey Attachments (Windows) on IOS and Android it will be in the same folder structure <install location>/ArcGIS/My Survey Attachments. 

With that being said please note that accessing local files is not supported with pulldata("@javascript"). 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @SGerland_EsriFrance

Survey123 places attachments in C:\Users\username\ArcGIS\My Survey Attachments (Windows) on IOS and Android it will be in the same folder structure <install location>/ArcGIS/My Survey Attachments. 

With that being said please note that accessing local files is not supported with pulldata("@javascript"). 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
SGerland_EsriFrance
New Contributor

Thank you Zach for the answer.

0 Kudos