How to get a field to begin with default 0.000, and retain the format

Jump to solution
11-19-2020 01:33 PM
JulietK
Occasional Contributor II

Hi, how would I create a field on Survey123 connect which displays 0.000 as default, and retains this format as data is entered? 

Similar to something like this

JulietK_0-1605819610604.png Default display when survey opened

JulietK_1-1605819684778.pngUser enters '5'

JulietK_2-1605819746397.png User enters '5000'

I would like to allow value up to 999.000kg to be entered. The field would also have a constraint of .>=0 and the field type will need to be either integer or decimal (I believe only these are able to be recognised as numbers in dashboard for average, sum etc?).

And rather than having the 'kilogram' at the bottom (I'm sure this type of formatting is not offered by ESRI), I'd like 'kg' at the end of the value or at the end of the field. I understand this is possible in the field app with inputmask, but I need a function that works in the webform which is incompatible with inputmask. What kind of solutions for this are possible for the webform?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @JulietK ,

It isn't currently possible to customize the display of numeric entry to the level of detail you are asking.  You can use constraints to confirm if the number input has no more than the level of precision requested.  

Additionally, I would not recommend using the input mask as you described in the field app for this scenario as it would store the value as text (as you are including the 'kg' string with the number)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @JulietK ,

It isn't currently possible to customize the display of numeric entry to the level of detail you are asking.  You can use constraints to confirm if the number input has no more than the level of precision requested.  

Additionally, I would not recommend using the input mask as you described in the field app for this scenario as it would store the value as text (as you are including the 'kg' string with the number)

0 Kudos
JulietK
Occasional Contributor II

Hi James,

Thank you for the information and the recommendation re: the input mask! A follow up question: if I have the 'kg' in input mask but set the bind::esri:fieldtype as integer, would it result in output of only the digits with the value stored as numbers rather than text? 

0 Kudos