How to force a text to be all Capital letters?

06-05-2021 02:34 AM
AlejandroMadrigal
New Contributor II

Hi!

I am trying to force a text input in Survey123 to be all Capital letters, to avoid mistakes and, yes! y tried using InputMask, but that is only useful if you are using a fixed format and not a FREE TEXT.

Any other solution?

Thanks

4 Replies
DylanT_EsriCanada
Esri Contributor

Hi @AlejandroMadrigal, I believe the regex() calculation in Survey123 Connect is what you are looking for. Regular expressions are sequences of characters that define a search pattern. They can be used to constrain data entry.

The formula you might want to try is regex(.,'^[A-Z]*$')

For more information, please see the following links:

Hope that gets you started.

AlejandroMadrigal
New Contributor II

Thank you so much Dylan!

But I am looking for a way of automatically turn any text into capital letters. Your suggested hint only prevent user when not writing in capitals. EsriMaskinput does that, but with a fixed mask, not for a free text.

Besta Regards

0 Kudos
DylanT_EsriCanada
Esri Contributor

Hi @AlejandroMadrigal, have you tried using the Excel UPPER function on a calculation row in your XLSForm?

0 Kudos
JuliaIClark
New Contributor

Hello! I was just running into the same issue, and I was able to resolve it in the feature report step by setting my font effect to "All caps." I know it doesn't fix this within the data tables, but if you need it on the feature report end, I've found this to be a good workaround.

JuliaIClark_0-1629493936066.png