How to enable editing on browser view for Survey 123?

Jump to solution
07-19-2018 03:58 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am working in the data tab for my survey in survey 123, and I am unable to edit any of the data in the survey.  I am an administrator, and have ownership of this survey.  I know several weeks ago that I was able to edit the table directly, and I was able to give users the ability to do so. Can anyone tell me where the setting is to re enable it? Being able to click on the point, and see the pictures linked into the file is critical, editing in Arcgis online is not a workaround that will work. 

Thanks

Mac

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mac Kester‌,

Unfortunately, I can confirm that, as John mentioned, the editing capability has never been supported in the Data page of the Survey123 website (https://survey123.arcgis.com) yet. However, we have heard feedback from several users which requires to edit the collected data directly in the Survey123 website, I will add your voice to the issue in our backlog.

In addition, the most likely UI you mentioned which can edit data is the Data tab in the item details page of the underlying feature service, from there you can edit the collected data through the table UI which is similar to an attribute table. Here is a link to a blog post which demonstrates the "table": The new Data tab: More than just a table (June 2016) , is this what you saw previously?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mac

Survey123 does not support the editing in the web app or the data tab - and as far as I am aware this has never been supported. Adding Zhifang Wang‌ to confirm.

Thanks

John

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Either allowing it was a bug that was removed, or we are collectively crazy here (Not completely ruled out). I demonstrated editing within Survey123 to management prior to formalizing Survey 123 for this project, and confirmed with the brass this morning that they did indeed witness editing take place.  We were able to select items within the "data tab" geodatabase, click on them to edit, click off them, with the changes staying in place, and the changes remained after logging out and back in.  It was extremely helpful, as you could see pictures taken by the field tech, and change their conclusions and responses (in text form), just like manually editing any other attribute table.  I was also able to change the permissions of the field techs, and they could do they same, so that they could, for example, correct spelling errors and other fat finger mistakes (Surveys were collected on a tablet), again in the web interface.  I have two other witness my changing these settings and demonstrating this,  as it was a modestly significant factor in management accepting my recommendation to use Survey123 for this project, as it provided a simple means of QAQC. We currently have something like 1500 surveys now on that project, many needing some minor change, so this is not an insignificant task. 

I am not trying to be argumentative here, simply seriously confused.  I appreciate any help in this issue and evaluating our collective mental health. 

Thanks,

Mac

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mac Kester‌,

Unfortunately, I can confirm that, as John mentioned, the editing capability has never been supported in the Data page of the Survey123 website (https://survey123.arcgis.com) yet. However, we have heard feedback from several users which requires to edit the collected data directly in the Survey123 website, I will add your voice to the issue in our backlog.

In addition, the most likely UI you mentioned which can edit data is the Data tab in the item details page of the underlying feature service, from there you can edit the collected data through the table UI which is similar to an attribute table. Here is a link to a blog post which demonstrates the "table": The new Data tab: More than just a table (June 2016) , is this what you saw previously?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, editing in AGOL was my back up plan, so thats what we are going with.  We must have collectively hallucinated over here. I'll certainly throw my voice behind those asking for editing abilities in Survey123 though.    Thanks for the assistance. 

0 Kudos