Select to view content in your preferred language

How to download surveys from your organization in Survey123 Connect?

03-21-2024 02:10 PM
MaryGraceMcClellan
New Contributor III

I have Connect version 3.19, but I also observed this in 3.18. It looks like you can now only base new surveys off of feature layers, rather than downloading copies of existing surveys. There used to be an option to browse your organization's surveys but I only see feature services now.  

I tried performing a "Save As" on a survey from one of the surveys I found on https://survey123.arcgis.com/, but it said that surveys created in Connect could not be saved that way. Can anyone advise on a new workflow for creating copies of surveys? Has this feature been done away with?  

0 Kudos
7 Replies
SusanPollard
New Contributor III

There is an option to 'save as' on existing forms crumb menu (that worked for me just now) that may do the job but it would be nice to see organisation forms in the new survey options.

0 Kudos
MaryGraceMcClellan
New Contributor III

I can't get to any surveys that I don't own through Connect, but in the survey123 website the option is grayed out because it was created in Connect, not the web browser. 

MaryGraceMcClellan_0-1711067436288.png

0 Kudos
MobiusSnake
MVP Regular Contributor

Can you download the survey from your org in Survey123 (not Survey123 Connect)?

If so, download it there and go to a folder like this:

C:\Users\<windows_username>\ArcGIS\My Surveys

There you should see a bunch of folders with Item IDs for names.  Inside of them you'll find an "esriinfo" folder and in each of those you'll find the XLSX for the forms.  You can create a new form in Survey123 Connect by selecting the "File" option and those XLSX files.

0 Kudos
MaryGraceMcClellan
New Contributor III

I think I can only download my own surveys. I tried to go to a survey owned by another person and I didn't have an option on the item overview page to download the form. 

0 Kudos
MobiusSnake
MVP Regular Contributor

Do you have the Survey123 windows app?  If you can see a form's item overview page through the AGOL web interface, I think you should be able to download it through that app (it's just a Windows version of the Android/iOS app).

0 Kudos
MaryGraceMcClellan
New Contributor III

Oh I see what you mean. That's an interesting idea. I'll give it a shot and see what happens! 

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

You could also set up a group in AGOL to use as a survey template group and share the surveys you need to that group, then go from the Templates category under Organization when creating a new survey. Understanding Survey123 organization templates - Esri Community

ACTUALLY as I'm typing this I discovered in the Settings under Organization on the Survey123 website there seems like there is a checkbox for Surveys in my organization that will then show them in Survey123 Connect. It should be the default I think, and it shows more than just the survey forms but this still shows them!

RobertAnderson3_0-1711105162001.png

0 Kudos