How to delete individual survey points in Survey123 website.

Jump to solution
07-23-2017 09:49 AM
FatmaŞenol
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Everyone,

A group of my students is conducting surveys using Survey123. Only, one of them has administrative privileges and she wants to delete some survey points on the Survey123 website. I did something similar in ArcGIS Desktop but not in Survey123 website. I would appreciate if any of you could suggest a solution.

Regards

- O.S.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Omur,

Just to clarify, by delete "survey points" do you mean delete a feature (single entire record) in the feature service or are you referring to delete/edit attributes in the feature (survey)?

To edit and delete features from the feature service you can do this via ArcGIS Online, via a Webmap and using the Edit option. Select the feature you want to delete and scroll to the bottom of the popup window and select delete.

Alternatively you can use ArcGIS Pro, connected to ArcGIS Online and your feature service and then edit or delete features directly using an Edit session.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Omur,

Just to clarify, by delete "survey points" do you mean delete a feature (single entire record) in the feature service or are you referring to delete/edit attributes in the feature (survey)?

To edit and delete features from the feature service you can do this via ArcGIS Online, via a Webmap and using the Edit option. Select the feature you want to delete and scroll to the bottom of the popup window and select delete.

Alternatively you can use ArcGIS Pro, connected to ArcGIS Online and your feature service and then edit or delete features directly using an Edit session.

Regards,

Phil.

FatmaŞenol
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Philip,

Thank you for your suggestion. By delete `survey points`, I'm referring to delete a single entire record in the feature service. As for ArcGIS Pro, I can honestly say, I haven't thought of using ArcGIS Pro.:)  Thank you for your big help. 

Regards

- O.S.

ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Omur,

Thanks for your feedback.

We have also taken a note of your request in our backlog, please stay tuned to our release blogs.

RalphBeishline1
New Contributor

I'll second a request for a "Delete Record/Response" on the Data tab. Going into Webmap and deleting via Edit has been my current process, but it's a bit more time consuming to create filters to deal with hundreds of points stacking on one another and re-find the particular point.