how to delete a record in a repeat of Survey123

02-19-2020 12:19 PM
WayneHeikkinen
New Contributor

I have created a survey related to structures and occupants.  The Occupant portion of the survey is a repeat that needs to be updated.  When creating a totally new record (structure + occupants) the delete button exists in the Occupant repeat.

After submitting the entire record, then refreshing the surveys to a device with the intent of updating the Occupant repeat, the Delete button is no longer there.

Is there a design setting I am missing to allow the deletion when updating?

Tags (1)
13 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Wayne,

Deleting of repeat records via the Inbox or Sent box (editing workflow) is not currently supported. If the survey has already been sent and is stored in feature service, this is considered an edit of the records. Therefore these records would need to be deleted from the feature service directly and then re-downloaded via the Inbox if you want to see them removed on the survey stored on the device.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
AndrewKesterton
New Contributor III

Hi Philip, 

Is there any updates on when or if this is possible?  I have a similar user requirement where surveys are reviewed via the inbox, and sometimes there accidental duplicates of repeats, or repeats that should be removed.  

If there's an update that delivers this coming soon we can hold on a bit, but otherwise I can implement a different workflow e.g. with the user adding a delete flag on the record that deletes it further down the line.

Thanks

Andrew 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andrew,

No, this is not supported and there is no plan in near future to support deleting repeat records from the field app. Using a workaround such as adding a delete flag on the record that deletes it further down the line would be the best solution for now.

Regards,

Phil.

AlainChouinard
New Contributor III

Hi Philip,

Is there any new development on that. Is there a plan at ESRI to work on supporting deleting repeat records from the field app ?

Thanks !

BKSchwarz
New Contributor II

Hi @Anonymous User ,

Same question as @AlainChouinard above, is there a plan to support this and if not is it due to complexity to implement, or perception that requirement to do so is too low?

Thanks

0 Kudos
BryanWright
New Contributor III

Could you elaborate on this sentence in your reply:  "...Therefore these records would need to be deleted from the feature service directly..."  I am able to EDIT a repeat in the feature layer but I still haven't figured out how to DELETE one entirely.  Some detailed guidance would be appreciated--thanks!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @BryanWright,

How are you trying to edit/delete the records from feature layer / related layer? Are you using AGO or Enterprise, and are you trying to do it from AGO webpage, or using ArcGIS Pro? You can also use a script, such as python, to query and delete records.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
BryanWright
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply Phil.  I am using AGO and trying to do it from the AGO webpage.  I have some "empty" repeats that got submitted before I figured out how to prevent them so I'm just trying to do a little data cleaning of older data.  I know I can take care of the issue when I do downstream analyses (in R) but I was just wondering if there was an easy fix from within AGO. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @BryanWright,

I don't think you can delete related recrods directly from AGO interface in web browser, however please reach out to AGO team in their GeoNet forum if you have more questions on that.

However, I know you can do it easily with ArcGIS Pro. Open the hosted feature service from AGO in Pro, and then open the related table. You can add/edit/delete records directly from the table in Pro. The edits will be saved immediately. Ensure you have correct permissions to be able to add/edit/delete records with the sign in user you are using.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos