How to calculate deer antler scores within Survey123?

07-17-2017 01:22 PM
AndrewBivins
New Contributor III

I need a survey that can calculate a Boon and Crockett deer score on the fly.  Each score requires a bunch of different measurements that all need to be computed to calculate the gross and net.  

Attached is an example sheet for calculating scores.

No idea if this would even be possible.  Just thought I would ask.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know this is possible and would be interested in helping you out...you can send me an email at mbruening13@gmail.com and we can discuss what it would take to get this completed.

Mike

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andrew,

As Mike suggests, yes this is possible and you will be able to set up the required calculations in Survey123 based on the different measurements collected.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Andrew,

I'm a fellow hunter and would be interested in assisting you with this effort; no special interest or any recognition wanted for helping you out.I think this is a great idea.

I also started to think about the end product of being able to provide the scoring form; that you attached, with the values inserted appropriately. The sheet would have to be converted into either a fillable PDF or a Microsoft Word document. This would allow you to "push" the data into the scoring sheet via a "mail merge" or a 3rd party vendor software. I know that the Survey123 team has plans to allow users to push Microsoft Word documents up into the ArcGIS Online platform that can then be used in the same manner that I described above.

I also think that you could have a setup that would allow the user to select whether they would like to score a non-typical or typical rack within the first couple of questions. This would then allow for the appropriate questions to be displayed according to their selection and only have one form to fill out. You could possibly drive the form title based off of a answer to the "Are you scoring a "Typical" or "Non-Typical" rack?"

Anyway, if you would like some help, then just reach out to me. Otherwise, I hope you are successful on this application.

Mike

0 Kudos