How to Add New Questions/Fields to Existing F/S Survey in S123 Connect

06-27-2019 06:25 AM
MelissaWojciuk
New Contributor III

I created a survey as a related table to an existing point feature class and am using Collector and custom URLs to populate fields within the survey.  However, now the department using the survey would like a couple new questions added so that they can track which surveys they have audited for data accuracy & training purposes.  Is it possible to add new fields to the existing feature service?  Would I use the admin page and 'Update Definition' to modify the JSON to add the new fields so I can add the new questions to the survey?

I used this process to create the survey:  https://community.esri.com/thread/230438-how-do-i-make-my-survey123-survey-a-related-table-to-a-feat...

0 Kudos
12 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Melissa Wojciuk‌ At this time, I think the best is that you open an incident with Esri Tech Support so they can help you do this safely.  It is not possible to add fields to a Hosted Layer View, but you should be able to add  them to the source Feature Layer. Once added into the Feature Layer you will need to edit the fields in the Layer View (through the visualization tab). An Esri Tech Support Analyst should be able to help you through the process.

0 Kudos
AhnaMiller2
Occasional Contributor

Hi Melissa, did you ever figure out the issue or a work around?  I am having the same issue.

0 Kudos
NinaRihn
Occasional Contributor III

I am also having this issue.  I have a hosted feature layer that I have a survey writing to, and I am unable to add a new field to it.  I can add fields to other hosted feature layers, but not this one.

0 Kudos