How I can modify the name of the photos in Survey 123. Is there any option to get the name of the photos collected as a name in a cell in the csv downloaded data?

Jump to solution
12-02-2016 02:47 AM
JeronimoMunoz
New Contributor

How can I modify the name of the photos in Survey 123. Or make the process automatically using some previous information? is there any option to get the photos' name in a column in the csv downloaded?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jeronimo, 

In the Survey123 app, it's possible to rename photos when you add them via the camera or gallery by tapping on the name of the image. 

I don't think it's possible to change an image's name based on previous information, the name of a photo is assigned by the image question name which is static - maybe the name can be used better to label the photos? PropertyPhoto instead of Photo1 for example.

Carmel

View solution in original post

10 Replies
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jeronimo, 

In the Survey123 app, it's possible to rename photos when you add them via the camera or gallery by tapping on the name of the image. 

I don't think it's possible to change an image's name based on previous information, the name of a photo is assigned by the image question name which is static - maybe the name can be used better to label the photos? PropertyPhoto instead of Photo1 for example.

Carmel

CarlHolt1
Occasional Contributor III

It is possible, but cconnollyesriuk-esridist my users are having issues where the name of the jpg won't save/hold if there is no space after the name (eg: trash near dumpster .jpg) or uses certain words (eg: dumpster)

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Carl,

One possible issue is that the photos are all stored in the same folder in the app- if people are using the same or similar names, I can imagine some errors on saving might be occurring. 

CarlHolt1
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you James for the quick response. I will your hypothesis with my users and return with results.

0 Kudos
AndrewHansford
Occasional Contributor II

Hi cqholt‌ are you able to post your solution for renaming photos in survey123 please, it would be useful to see how you did it. Cheers Andrew

Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

cqholt‌, the question was not "if" but "how" 😉 I am also looking for a way to do it, because I assume it can't be too difficult, but I don't know how. 

Maybe JTedrick-esristaff‌ can shade a Iight on how to do it?

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nicole,

Carmel's response is correct - manual renaming is available by clicking on the name of a photo after it is captured.

Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

I understood cqholt‌'s answer as he found a way to rename the pictures automatically depending on other fields. It would save us a lot of time...

Jodie_M_Gosselin
New Contributor III

Has there been any update on this? Is there a way to populate the name of the image based on a previous answer?