How do you select the only available option as default?

07-31-2019 08:51 AM
IanPierson
New Contributor II

In my survey there is a section called "Optimizer Band". Based on the previous selections (Asset Code, District, and Location), there is only one option to choose. How can I make that auto populated, similar to a default? Keep in mind this number could be from 1-5, pending the Location selected. We need it shown in the reports after the surveys are submitted; otherwise I know it's silly to have a section in a survey where you can only choose from one thing. Thanks for your time.

Attached is my xls form.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Use calculation column instead.  Works just like default since the user can still overwrite it.  Default only loads when the form loads - so after your values change - which it is too late.

0 Kudos
IanPierson
New Contributor II

So when I tried that, I put in OB=${OB} and it 'broke' the survey. I had to take it out and it loaded as it would before. Clearly that isn't the right 'code' to put into the calculation column.... is there a simpler trick to that?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Rereading your post maybe you actually want a lookup?  So if they pick A,B,C then return 1, if they pick A,B,E return a 2, etc?

If so then you can use pulldata for that.

Not sure where you are going with this OB=${OB}  but you cannot calc a field from itself.

0 Kudos