How do we default survey123 geopoint coords?

Jump to solution
05-29-2018 11:23 AM
JordanMiller4
Occasional Contributor III

How do we default the coordinates when we create a new job for a survey? We'd like to use our own coords instead of defaulting to the edge of Africa.  I don't see anything in the excel fields to place our coordinates for the geopoint.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

You can also:

View solution in original post

7 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jordan,

Assuming that a 'geopoint' question is included with the survey, you can click on the location button in the map display. 

If there is not a geopoint question included with the survey, the map view and location button will not be visible, and Survey123 will attempt to capture the device's location.  If the collection device is not connected to a network or wifi, the location will end up at location (0,0) which is explained here...Frequently asked questions—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

You can also:

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was wondering if this works on the web form?  I've successfully set a geopoint from a csv file using the app but I can't get it to work in the web form.  I know the form can access the CSV because it's pulling lat/lon into separate fields in the web form but the geopoint question does not populate.  This is what I'm using and it works for the app.

Thanks,

Ian

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ian,

+ does not work to join together text elements in the web form.  Use the concat() function instead.

concat(${Lat}, ' ', ${Lon})

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks

0 Kudos
JulienCHARBONNAUD
New Contributor III

Hi James

when I use concat (), it does not work I have an error message like that geopoint does not accept string

Thanks

Julien

0 Kudos
JulienCHARBONNAUD
New Contributor III

It's OK with number()

concat(number(${Lat}),' ',number(${Long}))

Sorry

Bye