How do I change a surveys language?

Jump to solution
06-08-2023 04:07 PM
RyanBohan
Occasional Contributor III

Best ways to change an entire survey to a new language? 

There is already an existing survey in English that is public, I do not want to break the public survey by trying to add Multiple Languages.  It has been requested to get a Spanish only version of the survey up ASAP.

I am having trouble with an select_one or_other question.  How do I get the other to show in Spanish?  I tried setting the default_language to Spanish (es), changed connect to Spanish, but I can't figure out if it's possible to change the "Other".  It changed connect to Spanish, so I feel like that is something.

RyanBohan_0-1686264759689.png

I know the select_one or_other data type can not be used within Multiple Languages survey, so perhaps this type is only available in English.

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RyanBohan

Hi @Nicole_Ueberschär,

Adding a follow up question for other, if other was selected is a great way idea.  I am trying match the existing English survey schema, to make a later join between the results easier.

The or_other option can not be used in a Multiple Language survey.  I found documentation from Ismael, referencing this.  In this case it is a single language survey, only that survey is Spanish.

It appears editing the xml directly might be a work around, for single level non-English surveys.

RyanBohan_0-1686323914335.png

Modifying to Spanish

RyanBohan_1-1686323962912.png

It appears you have to do it for each or_other.

Looks like it works!

RyanBohan_0-1686329358225.png

Thank you for your help!

*update*

If you republish from connect.  The XML needs to be manually updated each time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

I was not aware that the or_other option cannot be used within Multiple Languages surveys. I always add the "other" option manually. 

0 Kudos
RyanBohan

Hi @Nicole_Ueberschär,

Adding a follow up question for other, if other was selected is a great way idea.  I am trying match the existing English survey schema, to make a later join between the results easier.

The or_other option can not be used in a Multiple Language survey.  I found documentation from Ismael, referencing this.  In this case it is a single language survey, only that survey is Spanish.

It appears editing the xml directly might be a work around, for single level non-English surveys.

RyanBohan_0-1686323914335.png

Modifying to Spanish

RyanBohan_1-1686323962912.png

It appears you have to do it for each or_other.

Looks like it works!

RyanBohan_0-1686329358225.png

Thank you for your help!

*update*

If you republish from connect.  The XML needs to be manually updated each time.

0 Kudos