How can I sign out and have the Survey123 App on Android Forget Me?

Jump to solution
08-30-2018 04:40 PM
RogerFarmer1
Occasional Contributor

When I sign out of the Survey123 App using Windows Account from Enterprise 10.6.1 I am not forgotten.

When I want to sign in again using Windows Account it seems to have cached my credentials somehow and immediately signs in. This makes it impossible to test anything from a field user's perspective.

(v3.0.149; I believe it updated yesterday)

0 Kudos
24 Replies
MeleKoneya1
New Contributor III

We are using 3.12.277 and are experiencing issues with logins being cached on iPads.   We use 0365 to manage our enterprise logins.    When a user logs out, the next person who opens Survey 123 is logged in with the previous user.   I'd be curious to know of any work arounds and resolutions to this issue.     It seems like a hard restart used to resolve this on iPads but no more.   

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @MeleKoneya1,

Can you confirm the iOS version and iPad models? I believe the problem is the same as mentioned above with SAML/IWA/O365 SSO logins on non-Windows devices.

If you uninstall the app and re-install the login information should be cleared and no longer cached. This is becuase iOS clears all the data off the device for that uninstalled app. Are you saying if you uninstall and reinstall the app, the previous user is still signed in?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
MeleKoneya
Occasional Contributor III

Phil,

Thanks for the response.    I am not sure on the iOS and iPad versions.   I will get the info.   

We did not uninstall Survey 123.   

What is happening is that the previous O365 SSO user is cached and the next user is not able to enter their login information.      Is there a way to clear the log in cache without an uninstall of Survey 123?      

Mele

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @MeleKoneya,

No, currently there is no way to clear the cache of the internal webview browser. This is the issue logged with Esri Support that has the associated BUG number mentioned earlier in this post. Currently the only workaround would be to uninstall and reinstall the app.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
Michael_Knapp
New Contributor III

Hi - we are having the same issue.  Is this bug being escalated?  Having to uninstall /reinstall software as the hardware gets shared among field staff is not a viable workaround.  Are there other options?  

0 Kudos