How can I send a survey when I'm getting the error - conversion fialed when converting from a character string to unique identifier

05-08-2018 08:22 AM
TomRuff
New Contributor III

Hi All,

So I've got an important data set of surveys that I cannot send due to this error. After doing some research I believe the error is caused by the passing of an object ID rather than a GUID to the Esri field bind part of a question in the survey form that was created in survey123 connect. 

What I'm trying to do is change the field type to either a string or integer to be able to send these surveys successfully. 

I've taken the survey data from my surveys as well as the attachments and have them loaded into survey123 on the desktop. Is it possible to edit the xml schema so that I can send those surveys (as long as the corresponding change is made to the online schema?) or is there another way of fixing this error and still being able to upload my data.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tom,

The error you mentioned is being generated by the feature service from the submission attempt; a change to the form design will not address the issue. One alternative might be to export the Survey to a CSV file using GitHub - tedrick/ReadS123DB: Convert the survey data stored in the Survey123 Field App into a set of...  and then upload the data manually.

0 Kudos
TomRuff
New Contributor III

Hi James,

Thanks very much for getting back to me so quickly! That script is probably the best option although I did manage to get it to upload the data successfully. What I did was edit the XML Form and change the path of the sqlite database then I opened each survey individually and re-sent it. In the xml form I changed the GUID field to a string instead as it was being passed object ID's. This fixed the issue and allowed me to upload my surveys. 

0 Kudos