How can I pull in addresses from locator or Geopoint in Survey123 to autopopulate a field?

Jump to solution
01-15-2018 02:25 PM
deleted-user-6hoHP3U0Wcfz
New Contributor

I am looking to collect multiple points along a corridor but I want to return not only the geopoint but also the closest property address to this point. Is there a way?

I am also having great trouble getting my ID's prepopulated in collector to transfer over to my survey123 form. Here is my custom url: arcgis-survey123://?itemID=https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/8c70358a7890493b9acf79462c37983f&field:S_fromManhole={UnitID1}&field:S_toManhole={UnitID2}.

*S_fromManhole is the name of the field from my survey123 xls form

*UnitID1 is the name of the field from collector

I would also like to edit repeat fields after they have been submitted, does anyone know if there has been any progress made with this?

Any ideas would be great!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

This feature is no longer in beta and was released in 3.0.

Documentation here: Geopoints—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

View solution in original post

9 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Joan 

At the moment, it is not possible to return address based on your location. We do have this as an open enhancement and will look to address this in the near future.

In terms of editing of repeats - yes Survey123 now supports this, and re the custom urls it should look more like this (for opening up the field app - I assume this is what you want to do):

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=89bc8c7844e548e09baa3aad4695e78b&field:AssetID={assetid}. You don't need the https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/ part.

Please take a look at the following for more information: Integrate with other apps—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Thanks

John

BeckyColwell-Ongenae
New Contributor III

I have the same need as Joan above to add an address to the info based on the geopoint location.  Just wanted to add my voice the enhancement request.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Becky - this functionality is now available in our beta release of the app.

Please join the Early Adopter Program: Welcome to our Feedback Community and test it out!

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

I noticed the integrate link in this response is not working.

Here are two blog posts related to Survey123 app integration that may be useful.

https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2018/03/30/using-app-links-to-launch-survey123-from...

https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/07/30/understanding-survey123s-custom-url-sche...

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Mark - fixed.

0 Kudos
NealeHutcheon
New Contributor II

I have been able to do it on a known list of addresses (~100k) by creating a string of rounded Lat Lon values and storing them with the addresses in the survey itself. I calculate the same string of rounded Lat Lon values from the GPS location inside the survey and then string match it against the survey table. It works well with smaller properties but we will soon create a basemap with targets on them to ensure the pin is dropped in the right location. Reply back if you require more info on this.

How to build the rounded Lat/Lon string

DavidAsbury
Esri Contributor

Enhancement is implemented in the early adopter version of Connect. See response to Is it possible to intercept the search widget input? 

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

This feature is no longer in beta and was released in 3.0.

Documentation here: Geopoints—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm following this documentation, and am still unable use the geopoint to populate the address field. 

I have a geopoint "location" question, and an "address" text question with the following calculation:

pulldata("@geopoint", ${location}, "reversegeocode.address.ShortLabel")

0 Kudos