Select to view content in your preferred language

hiding label names

Jump to solution
09-18-2019 02:40 PM
JevitaWebster
Occasional Contributor

Is there a way to hide the label name on a survey? i have a "select_multiple" field and i would like to hide the label name. I have like 8 select_multiple fields  they are grouped and the labels are not needed because the group labels works fine as the label. 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Add <b></b> to the label for example. Really, any HTML that does not render anything: <center></center>, or <font></font>. If you want to add extra padding, use <br> (a break-line in HTML) or <br><br> to double it, <br><br><br>, etc.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jevita,

By 'label name', are you asking about hiding the label of a question?  That can't be done directly; one way to work around that would be to have a question whose label is   (HTML for an empty space).

0 Kudos
JevitaWebster
Occasional Contributor

question whose label is HTML for a empty space... what do you mean by this? 

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Add <b></b> to the label for example. Really, any HTML that does not render anything: <center></center>, or <font></font>. If you want to add extra padding, use <br> (a break-line in HTML) or <br><br> to double it, <br><br><br>, etc.

JevitaWebster
Occasional Contributor

Thank you. What other HTML could i use? 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jevita,

It appears it got interpreted as HTML and thus disappeared...

& n b s p ;  

(remove the spaces)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-breaking_space

0 Kudos
LaosGIS1
Emerging Contributor

HI, can you help me about turn off or disable the Label on the inbox map view for Survey123 forms ? but I need to show on list view.

AdamGaudet
Regular Contributor

This is good but any way to remove the whitespace where the label would be? To bring things tighter together. I'm looking to build my survey so that it looks more like a table for data entry where users would enter decimal data for a couple of columns. Each row would contain a fixed name (note), number (note), and then empty fields (hours) for data entry (decimal).

Screenshot 2024-09-26 092723.png

0 Kudos