Select to view content in your preferred language

Hide surveys in Survey123 Connect My Survey Designs page?

Jump to solution
03-10-2023 07:08 AM
GregKeith
Frequent Contributor

Pretty much what the title says. Is it possible to hide (or group in a folder, or similar) surveys on the My Survey Designs tab of Connect? I have some that I'd like to keep available if needed, but don't need to see every time. Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

This is not directly supported. Vote for the ArcGIS Idea below and add a comment as to why you think it's useful:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-ideas/survey123-form-organization/idi-p/939747

The options you do have are:

• Remove surveys from your local folder (don't delete them through Survey123 Connect - it'll delete those that are published)
  • Use different logins e.g. change survey ownership from a developer user account to an admin account, for stability
  • Survey not published? Move the XLSForm and other files out to a network drive. Can copy back or create a new survey from these XLSForms easily enough.

For published surveys... realistically your best bet is to use good thumbnails, naming convention... and tags. If you've tagged all the surveys, you can search/filter all your survey designs in Survey123 Connect. Very similar to a folder. Just have to have a tag to filter. 

Please don't forget the kudos and to mark the answer as correct if you feel like it addressed your question 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

This is not directly supported. Vote for the ArcGIS Idea below and add a comment as to why you think it's useful:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-ideas/survey123-form-organization/idi-p/939747

The options you do have are:

• Remove surveys from your local folder (don't delete them through Survey123 Connect - it'll delete those that are published)
  • Use different logins e.g. change survey ownership from a developer user account to an admin account, for stability
  • Survey not published? Move the XLSForm and other files out to a network drive. Can copy back or create a new survey from these XLSForms easily enough.

For published surveys... realistically your best bet is to use good thumbnails, naming convention... and tags. If you've tagged all the surveys, you can search/filter all your survey designs in Survey123 Connect. Very similar to a folder. Just have to have a tag to filter. 

Please don't forget the kudos and to mark the answer as correct if you feel like it addressed your question 🙂