Help with Webhooks and App links

05-22-2020 07:15 AM
MikeFiguray
New Contributor III

Hello, I've created a survey123 form to assign work to various crews and I use webhooks (using MS Power Automate) to notify the crews via email when an assignment has been created for them.

I would like to include a link in the email that would open that survey feature in the Survey123 field app but I'm running into a problem. I cannot get any links to open the field app from an email. I have used URL Schemes to open the Survey123 field app from collector, but even recreating that link exactly in an email doesn't seem to be working, it just sends me to a webpage to download Survey123.

Is it possible to create an email link to open an existing feature in the field app using webhooks?

Thank you,

Mike Figuray

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mike,

Apologies for the delay.  What devices are your field crews using? In particular, there are issues with using application links in other apps within Android.  I'll note that in 3.10 (due out soon), Survey123 will support using https://survey123.arcgis.app as the base for the URL; this should work better in that context.

MikeFiguray
New Contributor III

Thanks James, 

Our crews are using Samsung Galaxy S8's. Looking forward to 3.10!

0 Kudos
MikeFiguray
New Contributor III

Hi there, Now that 3.10's out I've gone back to this to try and get it to work. It would really help our workflow, but I'm still having a hard time. I've tried everything I could think of but I'm not having any luck. Below is the current link I have been trying to use, based on the information I found at Survey123: Integrate with other apps. Any help or other resources available on how I should construct the URL to open an existing feature for editing in the field app would be much appreciated!

<a href="https://survey123.arcgis.app/?itemID=e709352491084c11a9c061ac45xxxxxx&action=edit&globalId={globalid Filled in by MS PowerAutomate}">Open Assignment in Survey123</a>

With all of the link scenarios I've tried, they are consistent in 2 things.

• If the field app is closed, the link will only open Survey123 and bring me to the My Surveys page.
  • If the field app is already open, it will open up the correct survey and bring me to the inbox.

Thank you,

Mike

0 Kudos