Help with rules/ schema

Jump to solution
01-12-2021 11:43 AM
JordanMassingill
New Contributor

Hello, I am trying to create a survey in Survey 123 and use rules on my first question.  I noticed that once I created the follow-up questions for the rules instead of the follow-up question data going into the same field, it is creating a new field for each question.  Is there a way for this data to go to the same field or is this something I will have to do manually after each survey is submitted?

My first question is "What Plant" and has three choices.  The follow-up question is "What System".  I set up the rules to show the systems specific to each plant to keep their option list shorter.  Instead of having one field in the schema for "System" I now have three.  Any guidance is appreciated. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jordan,

You could do this by configuring a cascading select on a 'System' question. This would have to be configured in Survey123 Connect, but you would still be able to distribute the survey via the web app (as opposed to the field app). 

Here is a link to documentation on cascading selects, and the download link for Survey123 Connect is at the bottom of this page.

Thanks,
-Barbara

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jordan,

You could do this by configuring a cascading select on a 'System' question. This would have to be configured in Survey123 Connect, but you would still be able to distribute the survey via the web app (as opposed to the field app). 

Here is a link to documentation on cascading selects, and the download link for Survey123 Connect is at the bottom of this page.

Thanks,
-Barbara

0 Kudos
JordanMassingill
New Contributor

Thank you!

0 Kudos