Help... Survey folder dissappeared

09-21-2018 10:32 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All,

Please help. I just lost data from folks in the field. I was trying to make a new survey from another, and some weird things happened. When I published the new one, it replaced the old one. Now I thinkI have two surveys, but the data is gone. Also, when I go to re-publish the survey so that people can re-submit from their outbox, it says error code 404:  user folder does not exist. HOwever, when I push the folder button, it takes me to the appropriate folder in my MySurveyDesigns.

Please help!

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kathleen,

The original survey stores information about where it was originally published.  Opening the survey's folder and deleting the .iteminfo file will reset the survey to publish as a new survey.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you! This worked, but my collectors now cannot re-submit any sent surveys in outbox. Any way to fix that?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kathleen,

Yes, that would be expected - despite the survey having the same name, it has a different ID number due to the republishing.  

The quickest way to recover the data would be to get copy the data from the devices to a desktop computer (see Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS ).  From there, a couple of options are available:

1) Continuing the troubleshooting steps above.  As part of this, you would need to make a modification - the old survey's .iteminfo and .info files should be replaced with the new survey's .iteminfo and .info files (You would find these in C:\Users\<username>\ArcGIS\My Surveys\<ID of old survey> - look in each form's directory to find the old one; it should be identifiable by name and date).

2) If you are familiar with Python, a script to write out the data to a CSV file is at GitHub - tedrick/ReadS123DB: Convert the survey data stored in the Survey123 Field App into a set of... 

0 Kudos