Has anyone encountered Error 500 ("The service is locked because it is modified by another thread") while publishing?

06-25-2019 09:31 AM
JimPugh2
New Contributor II

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
JimPugh2
New Contributor II

Error 500

0 Kudos
JimPugh2
New Contributor II

When nested repeats were removed, it published without an error. Repeats were nested 2-levels deep. Documentation says you can have any number of nested repeats. What gives? ~JP

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you maybe still using a older Connect version?

0 Kudos
JimPugh2
New Contributor II

Version 3.3.5.1.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jim,

This is an unusual error- based on the message and where it occurs in the publishing sequence it appears to be occurring during a set of operations that occur after the feature service is initially created (when the fields and related tables are added or when editor tracking is enabled).  Can you share the XLSForm (if not publicly, please e-mail jtedrick AT Esri.com) so that we could attempt to reproduce?

0 Kudos
Neil_Young
New Contributor II

James,

Were you able to identify what causes this error? We have some fairly complicated forms with nested repeats that have published successfully and suddenly after a handful of changes one of them it refuses to publish and provides this error. Our teams need to get in the field in a couple days, so we really need to get this resolved and any insight you can provide would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
JimPugh2
New Contributor II

We were not able to resolve the issue. We ended up removing the nested repeats. I suspect changes to the S123 app will make it easier... maybe.

0 Kudos
pat_algura
New Contributor III

Hello,

Has the reason for this error been identified? I have a survey with repeats (not nested repeats). I added new fields to the form outside the repeat and tried to publish it. The initial publish didn't push through as it's been taking so long, so I force closed Survey123 Connect and tried to publish again but got this error.

palgura_j_0-1640071405955.png

Thanks,

Pat

0 Kudos
AnupNair
New Contributor

Hello,

We are also facing the same issue. Have you found any solution for this?

Survey123 Error.jpeg

 Thanks in advance

0 Kudos