Hanging when trying to publish update to Survey123 form

Jump to solution
04-20-2018 11:07 AM
TaraBoswell
New Contributor III

I made two quick updates to one of my Survey123 forms (I've made many updates to it and had no problems prior to this) about a week ago and since then I've been unable to publish the updated version. When I click on the Publish button in Connect, it successfully goes through Checking Feature Service and then brings up a dialog box letting me know the survey has already been published and that it sees I'm trying to add a field not already present. I click on the button to "Add the following fields when publishing" and then click on "Publish Survey". At that point it just hangs and nothing happens.

I found a post where someone had a similar issue and you said to go to the Survey123 Connect settings and turn on logging. I did so and am attaching the log file. That post also asked the user if the form item was removed or changed location. I did notice at some point that my FS and form item were not in the Survey123 folder and moved it back there. I'm pretty sure I've successfully published updates since then. On the off chance I was mis-remembering, I put them back and tested it again but it still hung.

Any thoughts?

Tara Boswell

34 Replies
MJBiazar
Esri Contributor

Hi @JessicaGough ,

Are you experiencing this issue with multiple surveys? Does this happen when you try to republish after making an edit to the repeat section of your survey?

Can you try using Survey123 Connect 3.13 and see if you still experience the same issue?

Thanks,

MJ

0 Kudos
JessicaGough
New Contributor III

Hi MJ,

Thanks for your response. Yes this is happening with multiple surveys, and does not necessarily relate to changes in a repeat. I have found it is most likely related to the addition of new fields in the survey.

I have Survey 123 Connect version 3.12 currently installed, but can test updating to v3.13. Is this the correct procedure for updating Connect versions? https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000023877

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
MJBiazar
Esri Contributor

Hi @JessicaGough ,

You should technically be able to republish your surveys after adding new questions unless there is a different reason that is causing this issue. 

It's a good idea to test the behavior in 3.13. The article you shared is the best way to install a newer version of Survey123 Connect. I personally create a copy of "My Survey Designs" folder at "C:\Users\User\Desktop\ArcGIS\My Survey Designs" as a backup before installing Connect app just in case. Hopefully, republishing from 3.13 will resolve the issue. If not, please share the updates here. 

Best,

MJ

JessicaGough
New Contributor III

Hi MJ,

I have updated to the new version of Connect and have not encountered the problem (yet).

Many thanks for you help.

MJBiazar
Esri Contributor

Hey @JessicaGough , Thanks for confirmation. This is great news! 🙂

0 Kudos