Group message indicating number of unanswered questions

Jump to solution
02-17-2022 11:37 AM
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

I have developed a survey of buildings in our area.

I would like to start the survey out with the appearance of each group being  compact

What I would to know if there is something I can put in with the group header how many questions are not answered.   

I have to many questions to make the any fields required as the users may need to Pull from the Inbox at times.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

I found a solution that is not what I was looking for but it works just as well. 

I inserted a note above the begin group row with a label of "Number of unanswered question in <group name>

In the calculations field I used and "if" statement 

(if(${ACNORMALEMERGENCY} =‘‘,1,0)) + (if(${ACSOURCEDISCONNECT} =‘‘,1,0)) + (if(${ACSOURCEDISCONNECTACCESS} =‘‘,1,0)) + (if(${ACSOURCEDISCONNECTTYPE} =‘‘,1,0)) + (if(${ACSOURCEDISCONNECTCONDIT} =‘‘,1,0)) + (if(${ACTRANSFERSWITCH} =‘‘,1,0))

Which resulted in  a Sum of the number of questions that are <null>

I then pasted the calculation into the relevant column so when the number of unanswered questions was zero it would turn the note off

(if(${ACNORMALEMERGENCY} =‘‘,1,0)) + (if(${ACSOURCEDISCONNECT} =‘‘,1,0)) + (if(${ACSOURCEDISCONNECTACCESS} =‘‘,1,0)) + (if(${ACSOURCEDISCONNECTTYPE} =‘‘,1,0)) + (if(${ACSOURCEDISCONNECTCONDIT} =‘‘,1,0)) + (if(${ACTRANSFERSWITCH} =‘‘,1,0)) > 0

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

I am thinking maybe someway to display a value in the label from the calculated field

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

I found a solution that is not what I was looking for but it works just as well. 

I inserted a note above the begin group row with a label of "Number of unanswered question in <group name>

In the calculations field I used and "if" statement 

(if(${ACNORMALEMERGENCY} =‘‘,1,0)) + (if(${ACSOURCEDISCONNECT} =‘‘,1,0)) + (if(${ACSOURCEDISCONNECTACCESS} =‘‘,1,0)) + (if(${ACSOURCEDISCONNECTTYPE} =‘‘,1,0)) + (if(${ACSOURCEDISCONNECTCONDIT} =‘‘,1,0)) + (if(${ACTRANSFERSWITCH} =‘‘,1,0))

Which resulted in  a Sum of the number of questions that are <null>

I then pasted the calculation into the relevant column so when the number of unanswered questions was zero it would turn the note off

(if(${ACNORMALEMERGENCY} =‘‘,1,0)) + (if(${ACSOURCEDISCONNECT} =‘‘,1,0)) + (if(${ACSOURCEDISCONNECTACCESS} =‘‘,1,0)) + (if(${ACSOURCEDISCONNECTTYPE} =‘‘,1,0)) + (if(${ACSOURCEDISCONNECTCONDIT} =‘‘,1,0)) + (if(${ACTRANSFERSWITCH} =‘‘,1,0)) > 0

0 Kudos