Gradients to Degrees converter gives dependency cycle

Jump to solution
04-27-2021 04:51 AM
Cyprus_Forest_Department
Occasional Contributor

Hi I am trying to create a conversion tool for field workers that use different instruments.

I need for them to have available both the submission field, as well as a display field for the converted value.

I stumbled upon a dependency cycle and I can't figure a workaround...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KayleeRivera
Esri Contributor

One workaround would be to remove the calculation from Azimuth_d & Azimuth_gr and have both of those fields as input fields. Then add two more rows (maybe, "Result: Azimuth in Degrees" & "Result: Azimuth in Gradients") and put your coalesce calculation there. I would also make these two results fields readonly.

If you implement this method, you could also clean this up a bit by starting with a select_one field, where the end user selects which type on conversion they would like, and only the appropriate fields show for that type of conversion (using the relevancy column).

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KayleeRivera
Esri Contributor

One workaround would be to remove the calculation from Azimuth_d & Azimuth_gr and have both of those fields as input fields. Then add two more rows (maybe, "Result: Azimuth in Degrees" & "Result: Azimuth in Gradients") and put your coalesce calculation there. I would also make these two results fields readonly.

If you implement this method, you could also clean this up a bit by starting with a select_one field, where the end user selects which type on conversion they would like, and only the appropriate fields show for that type of conversion (using the relevancy column).

Hope this helps!