Select to view content in your preferred language

Got error 500 While Sumit new survey

07-26-2023 10:30 AM
fyang
by
Occasional Contributor

Hello, 

I met the error msg like below while try to summit the new survey. Publishing is fine.

• {"error":{"code":500,"extendedCode":-2147216072,"message":"Unable to complete operation.","details":["Unable to perform applyEdits operation.","An error occurred.","Unable to complete operation."]}}

I'm using s123 version 3.17.55 with arcgis portal

Any clue? Thanks!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

That usually means the form is shared to the user, but not the underlying dataset. Double check that the feature layer is shared with the user and that editing is actually enabled in the settings.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
fyang
by
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Josh,

I've double checked all related web maps and feature layer are shared as same setting. Any other clue? Thanks!

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Maybe the user type doesn't have editing privileges?

That or the data submitted has invalid values, like it's trying to submit a string in excess of the field limit, or something like that. Try opening your browser's developer tools and watch the Network tab. When you submit the form, you'll be able to see the POST request of the attempted edit, and may be able to see more details in the response.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
fyang
by
Occasional Contributor

From the developer's tool I only see same response information.

{
"error": {
"code": 500,
"extendedCode": -2147216072,
"message": "Unable to complete operation.",
"details": [
"Unable to perform applyEdits operation.",
"An error occurred."
]
}
}

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hm. And when you look at the submitted feature, do all the attribute values look okay? I've seen this when the form allowed a user to submit data that the feature service actually did not allow. Sometimes it could happen with a "hidden" question misinterpreting a data type.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
fyang
by
Occasional Contributor

Yes, the previous features are fine. And I also tried added new features manully in the web map with same user. It's also success. So I belive the user provilage and web map/feature class permission are fine.

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Interesting. If you use the form and repeat the values of a previous entry, does it work? Just trying to identify if it's the specific values you're entering, or if it's the form.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
fyang
by
Occasional Contributor

No, I tried the same attributes as previous one still got error.

0 Kudos
LMBaptista
Frequent Contributor

Any news under this subject?

I got the same error when submitting an answer to one specific question in a survey created in Connect. in survey, question is Decimal/ Double.
The problem is not with permissions since all other questions are correctly submited.

0 Kudos